Another common problem you may run into when installing cobalt is the C++ error. You will get this error when installing Cobalt. The problem comes after you have installed OpenAL when installing Cobalt.
“A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine fix”
You click to install C++ but you are prompted with the problem that there is a newer version of C++ already installed on the computer. At this point you can do two things, either close the C++ installation as you already have C++ on your computer and Cobalt will run or you can do a few things to install the version of C++ which comes with Cobalt. Installing the version which comes with Cobalt will make it less likely that you receive any errors when playing cobalt.
Please note engorging this problem may not effect you playing Cobalt
How to Fix Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has Been Detected
- Go to your control panel
- Click programs and click unistall a program
- Use the search feature and search for c++
- Uninstall the most recent version of C++ you have installed
- Go to the Cobalt installer and click it
- Go threw the installation process
- It should now let you install the version of C++
- which comes with Cobalt
- Finish the instillation
- Open Cobalt and enjoy!